Friday, February 15, 2008

ED 566E - Feburary 15, 2008, No. 5

What a lively class last night. It was interesting hearing how others thought they use blogs and wikis in a library. And we touched briefly on a few other web 2.0 tools (i.e. widgets, bookmarklets, atoms, etc.). There is so much happening out there that it is good that we can ask about various things that we discover during the week or during class. I also had fun exploring "More" on the Google search page. I never realized how much was available. I felt like I got quite a lot out of the first half of class.

I also felt the second half of class was useful. If was good to hear what everyone's expectations of the class were and I am very excited about creating some type of Website using the various tools we are being exposed to. It doesn't need to be a library web site, but perhaps a web site focusing on one aspect of the library. One example would be literature. It could include blogging about book reviews the students have read as well as links to author sites. I'm looking forward to exploring these ideas more.

No comments: