Saturday, February 2, 2008

ED 566E - Feburary 2, 2008, No. 3

I think it is great that we are looking at a lot of Web 2.0 tools like blogs, wikis, rss feeds. Unfortuantely, I think there is so much out there that we aren't getting a chance to look at things as deeply as I would like. I was glad to learn about the web-based rss aggregator because I had only used the tool built into IE.

Typically, after class I come home and end up looking for things we talked about in class on the internet. This week I did come home and set up several ProQuest alerts for searches related to my projects this semester. I received several alerts this morning.

The school library listserv that I subscribe to had someone post her blog and web site. I posted the Web site on the class discussion boards. She had some ideas on how to progressively introduce yourself to Web 2.0. I've spent some time the last two days exploring the blogs, wikis, etc. that she recommends. My favorite so far is VoiceThread. I can think of lots of uses for this in and out of the school setting.

I would like to have more discussion in class on how the various tools we have been introduced to can be used in the school library environment.

No comments: