Sunday, March 30, 2008

ED 566E - March 30, 2008, No. 10

Some of the tools that Joyce presented to us on Thursday I had seen before. I have browsed her Web site and wiki in the past and have found it to be a gold mine of ideas related to Web 2.0. Of course there were many things that I had never looked at or couldn't determine an application for. I've spent some time exploring Voicethread and it was nice to hear a librarian using it. I think it would be a great place for multimedia presentations. One idea would be to have a class draw pictures and write a script to narrate the pictures. The video would be of the pictures. This would eliminate the problems involved when students' faces appear on Web sites.

She said her goal was 3 "take-away" ideas for each of us. For me those ideas were creating wikis for projects, the use of iGoogle for students' information spaces, and "Death by Powerpoint." I sat through 3 Powerpoint presentations at work on Thursday. All of which were boring. Using her ideas could really liven up a presentation. I'm not sure that the corporate world is ready for this "new" type of Powerpoint, but I believe its a great way to convey ideas in a school environment, at a conference, or perhaps during a multi-media sermon. I have a feeling you may see 3 innovative Powerpoints about our Web sites.

I'm looking forward to further exploring Joyce's Web resources and professional lessons available online. Not all may be immediately useful, but her site will be a good way to stay on the cutting edge of technology.

No comments: